Friday, September 01, 2006

Vicar Life, Part 1

Wow, I am so sorry for not updating sooner. I arrived at my site on Tuesday, and have slowly been getting my life back in order. My duplex is wonderful, and the cats and I are really enjoying all the additional space. It will take a while to get it fully decorated.

As for vicar life, well, it has been chaotic yet at the same time wonderful. I am getting the last of my sermon finished today, and have my first service tomorrow (there are three each week). I am nervous and excited at the same time. The supervisors, rest of the staff, and the congregants I have met so far have been incredible. I already feel so blessed to have been assigned this church.

I don't have internet yet in my place, but do have it here in the office. I really shouldn't be using the computer for anything but work, but wanted to keep you all informed. Thank you for your prayers, I have certainly been blessed by each of you. More updates (and pictures) to come!

-Vicar Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!
I'm glad you are settling in and that this is all starting off so well for you - it can only get better from here!! I look forward to hearing about all the new "firsts"!!!
You are ALWAYS in my prayers!!