Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Obsurdity of the Vet

So, can someone please explain this to me? How is it that I go in to the doctor and, after what little insurance I have the bill comes out LESS than a trip to the veteranarian?! Each and everytime I go in to the vet, I leave stomping my feet all huffy puffy as half my bank account has been tapped.

Now don't get me wrong: I love my pets. These two furry little creatures, although rather annoying at times, are part of my family. When I go away for a weekend, I always find myself unable to sleep as I don't have two fur-kids pressed up against my head suffocating me. I love them, no matter how much they meow, shed, and spazz out throughout the night (and day).

Unfortunately, now that I have spend almost fifty dollars on Melanchthon this morning, I also have the joy of having a roid filled cat. This is about our sixth go-round with prednisone and I can tell you right here and now, I am not looking forward to it. Like humans, cats get hungry, thirsty, moody, and just plain bizarre when they go on steroids. He has only had one dose and has already screeched up and down the hall about forty times.

Ahhh, finals week is turning out to be even more FUN than I had predicted! *smile*

Alright, I promise I am done whining...for now.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Laura
Oh its ok to get frusterated; we all do. I always said, being a pet lover myself, that they should sell health insurance for pets. It use to be that vets would accept payments but no longer they want their cash up front too! Its a new world we live in. See I am whining with you. Working 26 years in a institution for high learning I understand the pressure students are in during finals week so just keep breadthing and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Prayers for a smooth week and hope kitty feels better :)