Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Living in a world of secrets

Hello dear friends,

I know many of you are wondering what in the world is going on in regards to the call process. As you can tell by the title of this blog, it is all about the secrets.

What I can tell you is I am indeed in the call process. So far it is going wonderfully and I am deep in discernment. This has been a marvelous process and I am learning a great deal more about how the Church functions. I had always wondered how the interview process was different for a pastor verses a "regular" job. I can tell you now it is INCREDIBLY different. Some of those differences are wonderful, some are overwhelming.

I can also tell you this process is not fast. It is not like going into a job interview and knowing within the week if you have it. This will take time, weeks, not days. The call process is a time to discern as a pastor (or future pastor in my case) and as a congregation. This is an interview both for the congregation and the pastor. It is a coming together to discern where God wants all of us to be.

So, I hope this gives some answer to those who are "biting at the bit". As more is able to be revealed, I will be certain to share it. Your prayers, concerns, questions, and loving support have all been felt and appreciated. Thank you for being there for me throughout this journey. I pray you are all doing well and would love to hear how you are doing when you have time!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I will continue to pray for you as the process continues. God has the answers and as long as you follow them it will be right. I will be waiting to hear where your next "home" will be. In his time . . . .

Teresa Dunkin said...

Laura, you are in my prayers as you proceed through the call process. May God be with you and the congregation you will be called to serve. Having been through it twice with Ralph, I know it is definitely a "process," not just an interview where the outcome may be quickly known.
Terry Dunkin

Brown Family said...

Sounds a bit stressful, but it's a good thing it's worth it!!!